After the Panama Papers came the Pandora Paperskand. Which is to say, the biggest financial scandal. Revealed seven years later, secret documents have revealed the secret financial transactions of more than 300 government officials, including top political leaders from at least 35 countries, more than 100 millionaires.
The Pandora Papers leak contains 84 lakh documents, about 3 million photos, more than 1 million e-mails and about 500,000 spreadsheets.
According to the Pandora Papers, more than 330 influential leaders from 90 countries use offshore companies to hide their assets. These influential people smuggle money using anonymous companies.
Significant information that has been obtained from these documents so far includes:
- King Abdullah II of Jordan has secretly amassed 100 million in the United Kingdom, the United States and Malibu. He made these assets through his own secret company.
- The family of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has secretly bought 16 properties in London. He bought a building in London for his 11-year-old son for 30 million.
- In the south of France, the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Andrei Babis, has secretly bought two houses through an offshore company for 12 million.
- For decades, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has run a business with secret offshore companies.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has secret assets in Monaco. His close friend Svetlana Kryvonogic used Putin’s influence to smuggle large sums of money abroad from Russia.
- Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has evaded 300,000 in taxes while buying an office in London.
The names of the most important people in the world are coming out one by one in the Pandora Papers scandal. There are more than 600 names in Pakistan where Prime Minister Imran Khan’s close associates are also involved in financial irregularities. There are at least 360 names in India. There are names of billionaire Anil Ambani, legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and his family members as well as several political leaders.
More than 600 journalists from 117 countries have worked on this largest global investigation in recent times.
Archie Fowler was born and raised in Cleveland. As a Reporter, Archie has contributed to several online publications including City Visitor Publications and Quantum Grafix. In regards to academics, Archie has got a Post Graduation Degree in Department Of Business from Cleveland State University. As a Reporter for Chroniclex Archie Covers World Topics.