The Buckingham Palace released a statement confirming that The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip was admitted to a London hospital after feeling unwell. They avoided all speculations of the Prince contracting COVID-19 by saying that the hospitalization was a precautionary measure.
Prince Philip, 99-years-old, is at the King Edward VII Hospital, and on reaching there by car, he went in without being aided whatsoever. He was admired on Tuesday evening after his doctor’s advice.
Prince Philip is the husband of Queen Elizabeth, 94-years-old, and they have been married since 1947. The Queen is said to have remained at Windsor Castle, West of London/
The Duke is expected to stay in the hospital for a few days of observation and rest. However, reports coming in is that he is in good spirits, and eagerly waiting to celebrate his 100th birthday on June 10, 2021.
Both Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth are said to be COVID-free after receiving COVID-19 vaccinations last month from a household doctor at Windsor Castle. To avoid contracting this deadly virus, the couple spent most of the recent lockdown with small household staff.
They also avoid general gathering, considering the impact coronavirus could have on them since they are past the 90-age mark. For instance, the couple didn’t hold the usual and traditional gathering at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk during the Christmas. Instead, they celebrated quietly at the Berkshire residence.
The Royal Family is always guarded, and each member is accorded the ultimate privacy, especially when it comes to health issues. That said, we can’t for sure know exactly what was the cause of the impromptu hospital admission for Prince Philip.
But the palace spokespeople have said that the move was not an emergency one and that it was precautionary after the Prince felt unwell.
This is not the first time the general public has seen the Duke go in and out of the hospital in the past few years. With old age, we are aware it comes with certain health risks, and the Prince is lucky enough to have qualified doctors at his disposal, and one of them is the Royal Highness’s Doctor.
The most recent hospital visit was in 2019, just before Christmas when the Prince was admitted to go through several treatments for a pre-existing medical condition. He stayed at the hospital for about four days before being discharged to spend his Christmas with the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family members.
Prince Philip has sustained being alive for all these years by staying fit and receiving health and fitness tips from Royal Doctors. He also quit smoking and gradually reduced drinking, and for the past decades, he has been a keen sportsman.
He hasn’t been seen in public so often nowadays as it was the case before. And this could be contributed by the Coronavirus Pandemic that has affected more than 110 million people and over 2.4 million deaths globally.
Prince Philip has received major treatment over the years, including exploratory surgery on his abdomen (June 2013), a bladder infection (2012), and blocked coronary artery (2011). The Duke of Edinburgh always comes out strong, and we can’t wait to see him celebrate his 100th birthday in June 2021.
Rachel Lott is a Reporter for Chroniclex After graduating from Cuyahoga Community College, Rachel got an internship at USA Evening and worked as a Reporter and Producer. Rachel has also worked as a Reporter for WKYC TV and Fox News Channel. Rachel Covers International Developments.